Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thing # 8

I think if I use the RSS more often, it would be very helpful.I have never noticed the orange symbol on the computer before either. I know that seems simple to most computer savy users, but I signed up to do 23 Things this summer to expose myself to what was out there on the web. Some people, who grew up in the computer age, may see me as very novice. I am fine with that. I am not insulted.I am learning such an amount of information at an alarming warp speed that my head is swimming. Ok, back to what I found out reading about RSS. I wrote in my key words of interest, such as, finance, Italy, new gadgets, and food. Each one is in a separate folder for easy use. It's amazing how much information is out there under my new gadgets category!
I set up a Google Reader account. It is nice to be able to keep up with the news of interest and education. Also I found the RSS Feeds Share All About Books at http://www.google.com/reader/shared/04440787436975147776

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

The amount of information that will come to you through RSS can be overwhelming. As you use it you will find ways to modify and make better use of it. We are all together on this journey of ever-changing technology.