Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thing #13

OMG! I searched through del.icio.us and it was fascinating!. I found so much information which I did not know existed. I typed in the keyword Italy. From there, I found so many social bookmarks. Searching for all of my interests would have taken so much time before finding out about del.icio.us, but it was now all at my fingertips. I came upon a social bookmark for an Italian magazine. In the magazine was a category named "property for sale." (I can dream, can't I?) I perused the apartments and villas throughout the Piedmont region. Many daydreaming minutes later, I came back to reality. However, I still have my favorite Italian apartment in my mind!
As a teacher, social bookmarking would become an important part of research for the students to utilize. If the students are assigned to research a specific author for example, del.icio.us could become their first attempt at finding information. The students could use it as a springboard to start their research.

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

It is very interesting to read your blog posts to see how you plan to use these new resources you are learning about. I would imagine that your students would have fun learning about an author or a country this way, rather than other traditional research methods. Although those are still important and certainly compliment these new fun "Things."