Thursday, July 2, 2009

4. Video Hosting





TeacherTube and SchoolTube: These two sites seem more regulated and monitored by teachers. Watching Internet videos, especially tutorial videos, help students who are visual learners understand the material. The videos can be paused and discussed.

I found this video about inferences on TeacherTube. I like the idea of taking song lyrics that students would recognize and having the students come up with several inferences about the lyrics. Not only are the lyrics heard, but they are also written in the video which is beneficial to both the visual and auditory learners.

With SchoolTube, what better way for administrators to market their school and faculty! If parents are shopping for schools, parents can get a glimpse of the school first hand. Nothing against YouTube, but students are more likely to stumble across questionable material here. One click of the mouse, and the student ends up watching a questionable video.

FYI...In order for me to register for certain websites, I am leery when I am asked for my first and last name, zip code, and my birth date. So I have declined on some websites just for those personal reasons. I guess I could give them incorrect information on personal information in order for me to register. Is anyone else leery about giving out certain information?

3 comments:

VWB said...

do you have a suggested video for us to view?

mja said...

Sure. I found a fun video to reinforce the skill of inferencing.

VWB said...

because of the sign on issue, you would not consider adding student work or things you create to any of these resources?

how about a creating an account in the school name?