Tuesday, June 23, 2009

1. Movie: Networked Student

This movie was incredible! How exciting for the 21 century student! The entire world rests on his/her fingertips. Research done by students is no longer seen as one dimensional with just reading a textbook and listening to a lecture. Rather, it is muti-dimensional. Beyond gathering facts from the internet, the student can discuss information, express opinions, and reflect on the information gathered.Connections are made through social networking. The student is encouraged to make new connections. Also, the opportunity to listen to a professor across the country or around the world enhances the love of learning. The learning is self propelled by the student.
The teacher's job involves that of a coach and a resource. When the student has collected and connected, the teacher is seen as a guide.

1 comment:

nancym said...

It is exciting but I found it overwhelming just the same. Can I be that facilitator? Can I step out of the spotlight that I love? Do I have that much techknowledge? I am sure trying but might need someone to throw me a life raft! I hope you enjoy all the tools that lie ahead they are awesome and fun for kids and teachers alike!